Body image and self-esteem issues stemming from the idea that your body isn’t attractive are normal to some extent, but can come with very difficult feelings to struggle through. Regardless of your shape or size, the most powerful weapon in your arsenal is a healthy confidence in yourself and the way that you look. These 35 blog entries are all dedicated to fostering a positive self-image and boosting that confidence, helping you to look and feel your best and serving as a sort of global support system during those times when you aren’t feeling overly self-assured.
Learning to Love Your Post-Baby Body
One of the most exciting and rewarding journeys in a woman’s life is pregnancy and childbirth. Because it can take a toll on your body and change the way that it looks, however, it can also be an extremely challenging time. These five blog entries are all centered on the idea of regaining your self-assurance after childbirth, whether you’re struggling to take extra weight off or not.
- How to Regain Confidence After Childbirth
- How to be Comfortable in Your Skin After Pregnancy
- Pregnancy and Body Image
- Overcoming Your Pregnancy Body-Image Fears
- Body Image: Loving Your Body Before, During, and After Your Pregnancy
Fostering Confidence in Teens
A negative body image during the teen years can be particularly unhealthy, potentially leading to dangerous eating disorders or fixations on weight that can persist well into adulthood. Helping teens love themselves and their bodies is the focus of these five blog entries, making them valuable resources for parents and educators faced with the prospect of fostering confidence in teens regarding their appearance.
- Helping Teens with Body Image Issues and Eating Disorders
- Friends Influence Bulimic Behavior and Body Image but Not Dieting in Teen Girls
- How to Help Your Teen Boost Body Image, Self-Esteem
- The Teenage Epidemic: Body Image
- Help Your Teen Overcome Negative Body Image Issues
Changing a Negative Self-Image
The idea that your body is too imperfect can be an insidious one, creeping in and affecting almost every aspect of your life. If you’re down on your body and uncomfortable with the way that you look, the support, advice and information in these five blogs can help you to reverse your negative thinking and bolster your self-esteem.
- Battling Our Bodies: Understanding and Overcoming Negative Body Images
- How Women Can Change a Negative Body Image
- Self-Compassion: An Antidote to Negative Body Image (Change Your Thoughts, Not Your Thighs!)
- Bad Body Image? 15 Ways To Improve Your Self-Esteem [EXPERT]
- How to Stop Hating Your Body
Body Image in Children
It’s easy to assume that only adults struggle with negative perceptions of their body and poor self-image as a result, but that’s simply not true. Even very young children can become depressed or anxious if they feel that they’re not meeting conventional standards regarding their bodies. Combating those ideas and instilling a strong sense of self-worth before the awkwardness and complications of adolescence can be a major factor in avoiding future body image problems that can lead to eating disorders or other unhealthy habits, and is a task that these five blog entries take very seriously.
- Cultivating a Healthy Body Image in Kids
- Overweight Kids’ Body Image Takes Pounding From Bullies
- Childhood Fears Take New Form: Body Image Concerns in Young Children
- Negative Body Image Issues Striking at a Younger Age
- Building Blocks for Children’s Body Image
Encouragement for Curvy Women
In many ways, this is the age of the full-figured woman. More plus-sized women are embracing their shapes, feeling confident and comfortable in their skin regardless of the number on their clothes tags. These five blogs can help to encourage that attitude in curvy women that aren’t so accepting of their voluptuous bodies, boosting self-esteem and creating a positive body image for women of all sizes.
- Curvy Girls Reveal: What I Love About My Body
- The Plus Size Woman’s Guide To Boost Confidence
- How to Feel Beautiful and Confident If You Are Plus Size
- The Plus Size Girl’s Guide to Plus Size Confidence
- Giving You a Confidence Boost for Your Curves
Body Image Issues in Men
Self-esteem and confidence problems in regard to weight or shape are not gender exclusive, despite subtle societal perceptions that men aren’t concerned with them. Poor body image can be just as devastating to men, which is why these five bloggers tackle the issue with such determination.
- Negative Body Image for Men: A Growing Problem
- Body Image in Men
- The Adonis Complex; Men and Body Image
- Men Suffer Body Image Problems of Their Own with Drive for Muscularity
- Males & Body Image Issues
Breaking Bad Eating Habits
Your natural body shape may be a bit curvier or more solid than others, making diet and exercise regimes discouraging if you’re not dropping the pounds and fitting into a size two after starting a new program. Some bodies will never be slender, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t be healthy. When you make the conscious effort to control what you eat and make healthier choices, you’ll begin to notice a difference in the way that you feel, regardless of any changes you may or may not see on the scale.