10 Advantages of Finding an Au Pair Online
If you are looking to hire an au pair for your children, then why not try online? Different from traditional nanny and au pair services, finding an au pair online has many advantages. Here are ten great examples of the benefits of finding your new au pair online.
- Speed – If you don’t have to go through hours of boring paperwork and endless questions, you’ll find that finding an au pair is a much faster process. You know what you are looking for. Why waste time trying to explain it to someone else?
- Quality – You are looking for an au pair that knows what’s going on, right? Someone that is on top of things and knows what they are doing. Well, what better way to find a professional than to get an instant glimpse of their writing and marketing ability?
- Selection – Instead of having a bare handful of choices like traditional agencies, looking at au pairs online means you get a wide range and selection to choose from. You may uncover a gem that you would have otherwise never known about.
- Price – Okay, take the price of a traditional agency. Cut it in half. Now, again. There you go, the price of most online au pair sites. Cheaper? Yes.
- Independence – For such an important decision, wouldn’t you like to be able to make your own choices and use your own judgment? Of course you would! With online au pair matching services, that’s exactly what you get to do- remain independent and still get the job done.
- Ease – How easy is it to plug in your zip code? Really easy. That’s all it takes to get started looking at au pairs in your area and around the world. Don’t you think that’s easy?
- Flexibility – It doesn’t matter if you are at work, at home or in the car. If you are searching online, then you can find an au pair anytime, anywhere.
- Safety – Don’t want strangers coming to your house? Look online and do background searches before you ever start an interview. Better yet, even do the interview online and you won’t have to have a troop of au pairs trailing into your house.
- Range – Online, you get a range of au pairs to choose from. They might be old or young, experienced or new, cheap or expensive, natives or foreigners. Whatever the case, your range is only as small as your search makes it.
- Modern – Online is modern. It’s up to date, unlike the old agency method. And that’s what you want from an au pair, right? You want someone who knows what your children need to learn and can be a good example.
No matter what your reason for choosing to hire an au pair, finding one online can be a great decision. Take a look around and see if you can find a site that meets your needs. Finding an au pair online is easier than you’d ever think.
10 Disadvantages of Finding an Au Pair Online
You need to hire an au pair, but you are unsure how to go about it. You’ve heard a lot of conflicting comments about online au pair agencies. Should you go with a traditional agency, or should you take the risk and try to hire one online? Here are ten disadvantages to hiring your new au pair online.
- Guidance – If you are looking to hire an au pair online, then you have to go in alone. No one is going to hold your hand and guide you through the process. You may have to do some research and find out how these things work.
- Effort – This is going to take some effort. You will have to invest some thought into what, exactly, it is you are looking for. You will also have to find out which site is best qualified to find that au pair.
- Time – This is no hit and run event. You need to take the time to search thoroughly, run background checks and verify references. This will all take up your valuable time, so be aware. There is no one to do this for you when you look online.
- Background checks – You will need to get the information from interested au pairs and run background checks yourself. There is no middle man here. Yes, there are sites that help you through the actual legal process, thankfully, but you will still need to okay the background check with the au pair before you can run it.
- References – References are not just for looks. You will have to call or get in touch with some of them to verify that your new au pair to be is who she says she is. Don’t chicken out here; this is a very important step.
- Decisions – Unlike a traditional agency, you have a lot of decisions to make. Your au pair options are not narrowed down to three or four. Instead, you have thousands to go through and more than just a few in your area alone. You will have to narrow them down yourself, which means it is decision time.
- Interviews – When it comes time to do the interviews, you are on your own. There is no third party to set them up or provide a place to meet besides your home or business. You will have to do that yourself.
- Safety – You really don’t want a bunch of potential au pairs knowing where you live, do you? And yet, you don’t want to set up interviews at the local McDonald’s either. So, it is up to you. How far do your safety concerns go?
- Range – Another thing about finding au pairs online is the huge range in experience and education. You have grannies next to teens and teachers next to high school drop outs. You will have to narrow the range of what you are looking for.
- Guarantee – Last but not least, most online au pair sites do not offer any kind of guarantee. If you plop down a chunk of change to find an au pair and she doesn’t work out then too bad. No one is going to help you out there.
While these ten reasons may have you cringing at the thought of finding a new au pair online, don’t let them frighten you too much. There are alternatives that fall somewhere in between all or nothing. Take your time and do some research and you are bound to find a method that works for you and your family.